Welcome to the weekend edition, a small collection of links to interesting personal finance related articles and news from around the web.
The TSX fell almost 300 points this week, between increasing job losses and widening trade deficits I am not too optimistic for the second half of this month especially when the earnings parade ends. Looking at the cup half full it will be an opportunity to nibble on some quality stocks if we get another slide of this magnitude!
- Kevin at InvestItWisely shares an interesting video about the Broken Window fallacy.
- Have you ever wondered which stock market in the developed world has posted the best performance in the last 110 years? Why Australia of course!
- The German economic machine is on the move, GDP grows 2.2% in the second quarter driving Euro-Region Expansion. Europe in focus positively? Now that’s a change!
- More signs of the US economic recovery stalling; lower retails sales and a ballooning trade balance dims Economic Growth Prospects.
- Mike at MoneySmarts Blog thinks it’s the right time for Borrowing to Invest, would you agree?
Have a great Weekend!