At 8.30am, the employment numbers will be out for the USA. A lower number of job losses is expected at -63k for July compared to June’s losses of -125k. Canada already reported a loss of 10k jobs for July, is the recovery sputtering in Canada? Today’s numbers will be the variable to watch for market direction.
- Kevin at InvestItWisely wrote an excellent article this week about Saving More Money with Indexed Funds.
- I would invest in copper anytime over Gold, here’s another good reason reported by Bloomberg: Ivanhoe’s Friedland Says Copper Will Outperform Gold on Chinese Demand.
- For the dividend investors amongst you, here’s an interesting post by Dividend Growth Investor about 12 High Yield Stocks Raising Dividends.
- The stock market is rising but this does not reflect the state of the consumer. Bloomberg reported U.S. Consumer Bankruptcies May Exceed 1.6 Million. The unusual uncertainty continues to weigh on the US consumer.
- The New York Times published a great article titled 2 Top Economists Differ Sharply on Risk of Deflation. Which of the 2 will be right? Is a new round of stimulus needed?
Have a great Weekend!