Welcome to the weekend edition, a small collection of links to interesting personal finance related articles and news from around the web.
Keep your eyes on the GDP numbers today and your ears with the Fed Chairman Ben. Did the US economy expand last quarter given all the negative data we received for the same period? Probably it did, but at a much slow pace than what was expected. The Fed Chairman who will be speaking at 10 am ET might set the tone for today’s trading with his speech. Here are some interesting news articles:
Joining the Yakezie Challenge
The Yakezie is a large network of personal finance bloggers that I decided to join in order to meet with more fellow bloggers. One of the things that make blogging interesting is meeting and interacting with other people who don’t necessarily share the same opinions or interests. I hope that this move will enrich our discussions and challenge my ideas on this site. Big thanks to Kevin from Invest It Wisely for introducing me to this network and encouraging me to join in.
Here’s some interesting links from the network:
- Invest it Wisely: A Few Simple Frugal Tips to Healthy Living, Eating, and Exercise
- Out of Debt again: Are You Paying Too Much For Your Electricity?
- Frugal Zeitgeist: Cheap Funerals
- Darwin’s Money: 5 Ways Obama is Wrecking the US Economy
- Geek Politics: U.S. Unemployment: When Can We Expect to See Real Job Growth Again?
- Personal Finance By The Book: What Health Care Reform Means for Health Care Workers’ Salaries
- Young & Thrifty: Computer Protection on the Cheap
- Financial Samurai: Small Business Owners Encouraged To Fire Employees Before Tax Hikes
- 20smoney: It’s All About Housing
Have a great Weekend!